Fwd: [at-l] has the AT become too easy??

--- rick boudrie <rickboudrie@hotmail.com> wrote:
> But it was also a culture thing.
>
> >What has changed on the Trail is the general attitude toward
> town stops. And the party crowd - and the tendency toward
"pack" behavior.

> I agree.  That attitude is what has changed the most.

### Hugely. One thing that strikes me is that it's just not
necessary, either. In '79 there were "mobs" here and there, but
not wholesale modification of hikes to fit the group-ness that
one hears about now. At the same time, if I were to wave a wand
and put the '79 hikers into the maelstrom of something like
Trail Days, I don't think there'd be the *slightest* bit of
difference. And same for DWG or the Gathering or whatever. (When
I went to my first Gathering in '98, I felt like I'd gone home.)
So I qualify my "hugely" above with an observation on the (for
me) beloved "perennial" nature of the throughhiking crowd.

sloetoe

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.