[at-l] Re: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #872 - 40 msgs(PURISM)

Purism is not the problem; and I doubt  that 9 out of 10 of the attempted
thru-hikers would ever mind because they don't get far enough to notice, but
it really makes you disgusted to pass hikers and then find them ahead of you
200 miles up the trail after not seeing them for a while......and then have
it happen again and again all the way to Maine.
          There is one thing that you might notice after awhile also......the
hiker that will skip a couple of miles here and there during the start of his
hike seems to set a pattern. Evidently it becomes easier after while to skip
more and more as the hike progresses. By the time they reach the New England
states, if the get that far; are usually skipping great bunches of miles at a
time....it is almost ludicrous, listening to the whining about "puds" the
weather, anything for an excuse.
          It's not the purist that bother me; it's the little whiners that
bypass the hard parts and then claim the credits. You guys that claim the
certificate doesn't count for anything anyways....your right; but it used to.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---