Re[2]: [at-l] Purism...Plus OT

"...Why can't we follow his (Earl Shaffer) lead?" asks Sly.

  We can hike anyway we want. But if you want to qualify for a 2000-miler patch
  from ATC, it seems obvious you have to have follow their criteria. If we don't
  like their criteria -- and I don't -- and we still want a patch, then we
  should all join up, draft more sensitive criteria and try to get it
  adopted.

  A second alternative might be to persuade ALDHA to issue a patch with a
  criteria more to our liking.

   Weary