[at-l] 2000 Plus Or Minus

At 09:36 PM 3/24/02 +0000, Lugnut wrote:
>As much as I hate to admit this in a public forum I agree with R&R on
>this one. If no one "admits" to using the trail there will be a
>diminished interest by those working so hard to fund and maintain it to
>continue their efforts . A lot of what keeps things running is feedback.
>Reporting a hike is feedback and it is always positive, which is the
>best kind!

If four million people use the AT in a given year, I'm not sure that a
couple hundred people reporting a thru hike will have much effect
on funding.  Unless, of course, one of them is famous and gets
lots of publicity or writes a best selling book or something.

Hmmmm....does that make Bryson a Trail hero?   ooooops......