[at-l] Hiking blue balzes in bad weather (was purism)

>trail I took was actually longer and a more brutal hike than if I'd >gone
>over the top, but the lightening was fearsome, and I didn't want >to chance
>becoming bacon.  I met Baltimore Jack at the hut and he >mentioned I can
>always come back and finish the summit.  I probably > >will, but if I
>don't, then what?  Can I still be a 2000 miler if I >don't, or will that be
>up to me to decide?

Part of the current ATC application reads: "in the event of an emergency,
such as flood, a forest fire, or an impending storm on an exposed
high-elevation stretch, blue blazed trail or officially required road walks
are considered viable substitutes for the white blazed route".

Seems rather clear to me.  But come back anyway.  Thats a good stretch of
trail to see in good weather.