[at-l] Purism...Plus OT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leslie Booher" <lwbooher@halifax.com>
To: "Ron Winchester" <winchester@unnet.com>; "Felix"
<AThiker@smithville.net>
Cc: "AT-list" <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Purism...Plus OT

> (1)  Seeing Ron mention 2000 miler reminds me that it does say 2000 miles,
> not 2,156, or 2,165 or whatever the exact figure is on any given year.
That
> gives us a little room to maneuver in.  I can handle that.

Hmm, Room to maneuver, what's wrong with honesty? I suppose given the there
is no right and wrong logic, and this "little room to maneuver", it's not
necessary to climb Springer, and/or Katahdin after all there is come
maneuvering room here. Perhaps I should send off for a 2000 miler patch
because I have hiked well over 2000 miles on the AT over the years in Maine.
Sure the 2000 miles were all in Maine and not the whole AT, but hay it's
well over 2000 miles on the AT, so why not.

The rational that there is maneuvering room is what makes the 2K certificate
just another piece of paper. Sure getting that piece of paper will fool most
folks, but In my opinion when someone lies to get that certificate, they are
only fooling themselves.