[at-l] Purism...Plus OT

   I understand what you're saying.  I'm certainly not the arbiter for
all this, but I'd be willing to use in and out blue blazes to a shelter
that is recognized as an AT shelter and still feel comfortable in *my*
claim to have hiked the AT and claim a patch.  I think even WF said that
was ok for the Avery Award (right?).
   But I'm not so sure about the examples you're citing.  I personally
wouldn't feel comfortable with those the way you're describing them.
But, hey, HYOH and have a ball!  Just go back to Felix' rule.