[at-l] Purism...Plus OT

Leslie Booher wrote:

> Take Mountain Momma's, for example.  You can get there from a side trail
> that leads down to the GSMNP parking lot, then to the road, or you can hike
> all the way out to nearly the interstate, then loop back.  If you take the
> side trail, then walk the road to the interstate to connect back to the
> trail, have you nullified your thru?  Certainly not.  It's the difference
> between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.  The spirit people
> are a whole lot easier to get along with.

Tell me this...Why not go back the way you came? Why not start hiking on the AT
where you got off the AT? Seriously, why not? Personally, the only 'either/or'
situation I see there is 'either you go back to where you got off, or the
thru-hike ain't.'  Using your logic here, when you get to interstate 40, you
can either hike across OR get in a car.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98