[at-l] 2000 Plus Or Minus

In a message dated 3/24/2002 11:55:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chaynes@megalink.net writes:

> Kinda sounds to me like the piece of paper is what's important to some
> folks, or maybe some are insecure and need a piece of paper to prove to
> themselves where they have been and what they have been doing. I suppose
> that goes with the AT being a conquest.

     ***   My look at it is that the want of an AT 2000 miler diploma is an
innocent recognition for a great task. The real insecurity that has taken
over today is the false modesty superimposed over those who take pride in the
achievement rather than simply allowing a deserving accomplishment to be
recognized as it always was.
     I'm sure ATC uses the statistics and interest to increase its funding
for desperately needed projects. It's one thing to be cool, it's another to
be cool to the point of foolishness or recidivism...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---