[at-l] Big Old Failed Hammock Experiment

Okay, what you are saying is consistent with what I've heard from
others regarding a layer of fleece attached to the reflectix. The
Z-Rest works as well, for something that will disperse the moisture and
take the brunt of the cooling from evaporation. It is probably
essential if you put a sleeping bag between you and the pad.

The problem with wearing fleece, you have to be willing to take it off
to keep from getting hot and sweating. If there are body parts getting
cold (like your nose), find something that takes care of them. I _love_
my balacava for sleep as it keeps my face warm and is easy to readjust
if it gets too warm.

If you find that the reflectix makes you hot, then it sounds like using
your bag as a quilt is the right choice. My problem has been rolling
over and getting my hips or shoulders on to the fabric and getting
chilled.

Nice gear report. Now how do I explain to the neighbors putting my
hammock up and sleeping outside tonight? Mrs. Bug will like the relief
from the snoring.

Bill...