[at-l] 2000-miler, thru-hiking.... was Best Blue Blazes

Orange Bug wrote:

> One of the reasons I hike is to get away from the destructiveness of
> forms and anonymous certification clerks.

That's precisely it!  There is no way I want to detail my hike to
some flocking (but most likely sincere and dedicated) clerk.  And I'm
hiking for ME, not so the world can go "ooh, ahh, you hiked a long
way."

Along the same lines, I'm one of the few riders I know with no interest
in going to horse shows.  I'm riding for my personal joy and to further
my horse's training.  Competing for a ribbon makes me feel dirty.  (And
not in a good way.)

-amy