[at-l] Big Old Failed Hammock Experiment

Two things:

First, did u have adequate ventilation? If not, then you can expect a
fair amount of condensation in any tent or tarp.

Second, I'm with Rob...the fleece makes a big difference. I tried going
without the fleece in 15* temps and high winds (with fly cinched down
tight) about three weeks ago and not only was my back a bit cold
(without fleece you're relying only on the insulating value of the pad
but not the reflecting properties) but I also had a good amount of
condensation under me just as you did (fleece disperses the moisture). I
used the fleece again Friday night at 20*......yes! what a difference!

By the way, I trimmed my reflector (all the edges and rounded the
corners) and sewed (YES, sewed!!! Got a sewing machine for my b-day!!)
the fleece to it. It's down to 20oz. :)

-Nighthawk