Re[2]: "Purity," was [at-l] Best Blue Blazes

"...any listed "2000 Milers" care to share how and why they decided to tell the
>ATC  that they hiked the Trail > "pure"?" asks Jan.

Once when I was staying at Shaw's in Monson, a "pure" thru hiker called Harpers
Ferry to ask if it would alright if he just walked along Route 15 to get back to
the AT, or should he retrace his steps to take the "new" AT that bypasses
Monson.

He was told ATC didn't much care. My advice is to be absolutely honest with ATC.
In your "application" spell out exactly how you hiked and where you deviated
from the white blazes and why.

It's my guess they will allow you send send them $2 for a 2000-miler patch,
regardless of what you report. If they don't please let me know, so I won't give
anyone else this advice.

Weary