Ivory Weary....... Re: Re[2]: [at-l] Sense of Wildernessand Town Stops

At 10:06 AM 3/22/02 -0800, Sloetoe wrote:
>### OK, seriously: Weary, you must know that ANY authoritative,
>scholarly work you care to do in this area would *not* only get
>a close-reading audience here on at-l, but would go MUCH wider,
>as well, and provide WELCOME perspective on where the AT is now,
>through the historic lens of from where it came.

Actually scholarly work has been done on the writings of McKaye (or is it
MacKaye?  Am I misspelling it again?  I know did that last time he came up)
by the guy who delivered the talk on him at the Gathering.  Anyone know if
his book is out yet?  If we're going to keep coming back to this thread, I
want to read it.  Actually I want to read it anyway.

sAunTerer