[at-l] Best Blue Blazes

In a message dated 03/22/02 6:50:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KarenS62@aol.com writes:

> My favorite one is the first side trail on the southern AT.  The loop of the
>
> Benton Makaye Trail that starts just north of Springer and rejoins the AT
> right before Three Forks is a very pretty section of trail with some great
> views.  Nothing spectacular but special , maybe because it is next to one
> of
> the most heavily portions of the AT and is rarely used.  Makes a nice loop
> hike too.
>
> POG

Mine is just north of POGs.  The Freeman Trail around Blood, which I took
this last trip when I couldn't get my lame legs over on Sunday, but then
retook backwards to remain the purist that I am, is great in both directions
and makes a nice loop piece to go up and over Blood.  Close second is the
Escarpment Trail above Palmerton, PA (which is the old AT in that section).
It's bluish-grey blazed but I assume it still counts.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---