[at-l] WF and the ATML

In a message dated 3/22/02 6:59:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rickboudrie@hotmail.com writes:

<< Anna--

 .......Same thing holds true for Wingfoot.  On balance he has helped and
inspired a
 great many people.  He has done some good things for the Trail.  Truth be
 known, most of the contemporaneous critisism directed towards WF had more to
 do with his outspoken opinions on things, than the man.  Of course, others
 may disagree. >>

    As for him helping and inspiring people, I don't doubt that for a second!
 I think, in general, we all have our gifts and our shortcomings.  I really
don't have much of an opinion one way or the other about him, (which is
probably appropriate since we have never met), but I can tell you the one
thing I learned about him from being on 'that other' list. <G>   He is mean.
Plain and simple.  If you voiced something he didn't like, he flat out cut
you off at the knees.  I was pretty much afraid to post anything at all!
    I appreciate him for the help he has given, but if I see him at
Traildays, I won't be running up to introduce myself.*S*
    While we are at it, what is/are Ruck?  Inquireing minds want to know!
Thanks! Anna