[at-l] Highlands Coalition: Saving the Highlands

In a message dated 03/21/02 8:07:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
papa_bear_nyc@yahoo.com writes:

> This caught my eye to say the least.  If you can't save forest ;land to
> "preserve the perception of wilderness" to quote one of the recent endless
> threads, drinking water should sell better, no?  Mention was made of the
> ongoing drought.

A local (Delaware) chapter head for Sierra Club serves on a committee with
me.  I'll see what she knows or can find out about it.  I think you are right
that watershed protection is a good angle, however, in Delaware the lands the
state has recently acquired to that end are, at least in two areas, going to
be dug up to put in reservoirs to protect against drought.  Still, walking
past a reservoir on a hike is probably preferable to walking past......
condos (yikes - did I say that?).

It's probably a good idea to check with ATC as well.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---