[at-l] Re: Stink free

> Plus, this little action is likely to be very effective in
> reducing risk of
> tick borne diseases, including Lyme disease. This is much easier to
> accomplish than body checks (also known as redneck foreplay) and removes
> the critters before the typical time required for transmission of the
> spirochete.

The Romans kept clean by rubbing sand and olive oil on their bodies then a
scraper, called a strigil, was then used to scrape off the sand and olive
oil also removing dirt, grease, and dead cells from the skin leaving it
clean, I have done this on occasion in the back country where water is
scarce.

I find that making a paste of potash and rubbing it on the skin, then
scraping with a knife, is very effective where there isn't enough water for
washing.  Of course, you have to be very careful around sensitive parts, but
it works well for large body areas - and I suspect would be effective
against ticks.

Shane