Stink free (was) [at-l] Re: Sense of Wilderness and Town Stops (Kahley)

>>I know I can keep clean enough in the woods.  Frankly, the vogue of
totally
ignoring daily hygiene in favor of a weekly bath...well...yuck.  But as long
as i can
stay upwind of the stink, it's no skin off my nose.<<<

In 92, I did a good scrub everyday -- Wet-wipes, Alcohol wipes, water on a
bandana...  You can stay fairly stink free if you scrub the important areas
everyday -- face, under arms, feet, in your "private parts".  Also, it helps
to wipe the arms, the chest and the back.  No big bath, just a simple wipe
down.  & Maybe a little talc with baking soda -- unscented.  I would scrub
those important areas though -- they cause more odor rest of the body.

Of course my Momma considered my ears an important area back when we lived
with my Mema while they built our new home next to hers.  Only Mema did not
have running water.  Just a hand pump outside.  Yet, I never "stunk" and
none of my classmates said anything about me "stinking".  And you know how
cruel and blunt kids in elementary school can be.

So I have to agree with kahley.  It's not impossible to stay clean.  I bet
even D'nal Boone stayed cleaner than some hikers.

William, The Country Bred Turtle