[at-l] Sense of Wilderness and Town Stops

I have to think that anyone really looking for wilderness on the AT is
going to be disappointed. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing
both the woods and the town (while heeding the warning about towns
sapping your initiative to attack the trail).

I am bringing a cell phone (reluctantly) but won't use it at shelters in
front of others. It's just rude.

As for radio, I don't like hiking with it. I find it distracting and it
throws off my concentration. Well, not concentration ... more like that
mule-mind zone where you just put yer head down and hike hike hike until
surprise there is something pretty or its time for lunch.

I will, however, be bringing a tiny earbud one for weather reports and
the occasional baseball game. Am actually interested in hearing some
Braves, Orioles, Yanks, Mets, Phillies broadcasts as i make my way
north. I am a red sox fan and just know that this is the year, so I want
to keep abreast as i enjoy the lovely countryside.

Sean (leaving in 13 days!)