[at-l] Legal help needed... Trail Related

It would seem odd for the Sales Tax office to be bothering you unless
you are a retail establishment. You probably do need a business
license, and ought to have legal advice regarding zoning and running a
lodging house. I sounds as if your adversary has some pull in order to
arrange proxies to carry on this battle.

While you seek legal advice, I'd consider a little call to your local
state representative and possibly state senator (the one's with offices
in the state capital). They can make inquiries of the sales tax office
to find out why they are wasting time and tax payer money attempting to
collect sales tax on gifts from individuals. This is the sort of
assistance they should give to a constituent to avoid your making
needless expenses defending a bogus case.

You might even find some assistance in your local Chamber of Commerce.
They have an interest in your success and ability to attract visitors
to Erwin, TN. If they do not assist you, I suspect you will get an
earful of information to understand who and what is behind this.

Bill...