Re[4]: [at-l] Cell phone connection availability

"...Unfortunately there is no wilderness anymore." argues Rocky. And of course
he is right. That's why I prefer the term "wildness" as in "In wildness is the
preservation of the world." And Rocky is right, of course, when he reports that
many hikers seek not wildness, but as much civilization as possible, including
instant communication with whatever they left at home.

 Except for his late life attempt at Katahdin, Henry Thoreau never saw anything
 that approached real wilderness but he recognized an essential truth. BTW I
 tried to use Henry's quote several times when I worked for a newspaper. Some
 editor invariably changed wildness to wilderness.

 Weary