[at-l] OT : ECO-CHALLENGE: NEW ZEALAND SET TO AIR WORLDWIDE!

Registration for Eco-Challenge Fiji. (2002, October)  You still have time, deadline is March 31!

<snipped from www.ecochallenge.com>

Team Applications
For those teams who do not get a spot in Open Registration or by pre-invitation, we have reserved a select number of US and international team spots to award to teams based on an application. This is an opportunity for teams to highlight their interests, goals, personalities, experience or creativity. We are looking for teams from new countries, teams with a special media interest, experienced and non-experienced teams. All teams (including those placed on any waiting list) are eligible to be selected by application.

Directions:
1) Prepare your team application including the required information and also the suggested information found below. Be creative! All team applications must be received no later than Friday, March 31, 2002.
2) Mail your application to:

Eco-Challenge Productions
Attn: Kate Richter, Competitor Relations Coordinator
1661 North Lincoln Blvd., Suite 200
Santa Monica, CA 90404
USA

3) We will e-mail the Team Captain to acknowledge receipt of your application.
4) All team captains will be notified in writing of the selection results on April 5, 2002.

Required Information - You MUST include the following with your application:
1) Team Name.
2) Country Representing.
3) Complete contact information for every team member (mailing address, e-mail address, phone and fax). An e-mail address is mandatory for each captain.
4) The type of credit card you are using (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express).
5) The card number, expiration date, name which appears on the credit card and billing address of that credit card.
6) The following sentence, "I (your name) confirm I have read and understand the Eco-Challenge 2002 Withdrawal Policy and agree to all Terms and Conditions. I authorize Eco-Challenge to charge my credit card for $4,500 USD."

Suggested Information: (Following are some ideas of items or information to include with your application. BE CREATIVE!)
1) A photo and biography of each team member including their profession, personal background, athletic history, race experience, family, etc.
2) A short video (3-5 minutes) introducing your team.
3) If any team members have been the subject of news stories, include a copy of the article(s) and/or video.
4) An essay introducing your team and why you want to race in Eco-Challenge Fiji.

Essay & Video Ideas
1) What are your team's goals for this race other than crossing the finish line?
2) Are you racing for, or representing a cause or organization? If so, please explain.
3) What makes your team different from other applicants?
4) Have you raced together as a team before? If so, what competitions?

** Don't forget - we MUST receive your application by March 31, 2002! **

Eco-Challenge Entry Fee Payment Schedule
The Eco-Challenge 2002 Entry Fee for a team of four is $14,500 USD payable as follows:

$4,500 Payable upon confirmation of entry
$5,000 Due May 1, 2002
$5,000 Due July 1, 2002

Each team's entry fee includes 5 nights of accommodation and limited repatriation insurance for all four team members.

And the best part is......

if you win, come in 1st, beat every one else, your prize (aside from bragging rights and a thru-hiker patch) is $50,000!

do you think Tiger will sign up?

-r

multipart/alternative
  text/html