Re[2]: [at-l] Sense of Wilderness and Town Stops

"...It is very clear to me from MacKaye's writings that he envisioned a place
where nature was preserved in order to protect a sense of wilderness." reports
RnR.

I don't pretend to be a student of MacKaye, though I've read the article that
lead to the creation of the Appalachian Trail from time to time. However, in
support of RnR's contention, I know that he broke with Myron Avery because he
thought Avery was not creating a wild enough trail.

And during the years that he bowed out of AT matters, he worked to create the
Wilderness Society.

Weary