[at-l] Little outside the hiking theme - Biking

I am planning a long distance biking trip this summer from Coos Bay
Oregon to San Francisco, California. (600 miles). I am looking to go
down US 1 for the most part ? side roads if that safer at times.

I am using a Hennessy hammock and other hiking gear for the trip. I
assume that with the nature of the road there will be plenty of places
to get food along the way. My questions are more about climate and
weather. I am taking the first 2 weeks of July to do this. Is there
anyone from the west coast that can give me some information, maybe
even some cool places to stop along the way (2 weeks is plenty of time
for stops).

Thanks Paul L. (NY)