[at-l] Injured dogs - rescue options?

At the risk of sounding morbid, I think that if you take a dog (or any
animal) into the wilderness, you should not only be prepared to rescue the
dog - you should also be prepared *mentally* to euthanise the dog as well.
Sometimes animals sustain injuries that they won't recover from, and it is
kinder to put them down.

I have never had this experience in the back country, but I did have it when
our dog got run over a few years ago.  It's hard to think about, but
sometimes it's the right thing to do.

Shane