[at-l] Church anyone?

I will go to almost anykind of service -- I refuse to go to the services run
by the denomination where you end up taking off your clothes and run around
praising the Lord -- I just hate disgusting anybody that much :-).  But one
thing that worried me (as a "new" Catholic -- I'll be three years old this
Easter) was finding a fully sanctioned Mass.  Catholics are suppose to
attend a fully sanctioned Mass once a week and only fully ordained priests
can conduct Masses.

For example, last Sunday at our church, our priest took suddenly sick and
had to leave before the 12 noon service.  A deacon took over, but he could
not "bless" the wine and bread.  Luckily they had a substantial amount left
in the Tabernacle, and I think the priest blest some extra before he left.
And the deacon reminded us to not say he had conducted a Mass, but that he
had conducted a communion service.

I also understand that priests section hike and maybe even thru hike the AT
while on "vacation", and they can conduct a Mass even on the trail.  But how
often do you meet a priest on the AT and know he's a priest? -- they don't
wear the collar and black suit all the time.

Still, if anybody doesn't mind (especially Rome ;-) ) I'd probably space out
my official Masses with other church services.  After all, I let a lady
smudge me in a Wacovia Bank parking lot.  But I'll probably have to spend a
lot of time in confession.  A LOT OF TIME.

William, The "Mea Culpa" Turtle