[at-l] Re: My leg [was re: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #850 - 55 msgs]

Looks like I need to do an up date posting of my conditions.

I have good days and bad days -- good days are when I can putz around for
two to four hours before I have to get horizontal with my leg elevated, bad
days are when half an hour puts me back on my back.  Doctor says that it is
to be expected.  Most of late last week was good, Sunday & Monday was bad.
Tuesday was very good.  Today, well we'll see.

In the scheme of things, that ain't so bad.  The Doctor says that it has
been long enough now that there is very little likelihood of a clot segment
getting loose and doing some real damage to my lungs, etc.

Also, I am not in any pain and have not been in any real pain, not from the
get-go -- even for the five days I was flat of my back in the hospital.
They kept asking how I felt and I told them that I felt better than any
other patients and probably half the staff.

My leg was swollen and my knee was too stiff to bend -- or if I tried to
bend it, I could produce a bit of dull pain.

Once they let me "walk" (yeh a twenty yard shuffle, with an attendant
holding on) I'd get this feeling in my leg that was somewhere between a
tingle and an ache -- but no acute pain.  My lower leg did turn a pretty
shade of red, however.

Now, the color is more muted and there is very little tingle.  I suspect
that were I too keep pushing myself, rather than giving my leg a rest / time
to recover that the swelling/color/feel might get back to the hospital
shuffle level, but I don't intend to go there.

On good days, I am now allowed to take a "10-15 minute" walk.  These folk
don't know what walking is.  I am also allowed to drive short distances.
The basic idea is I can do what I feel up to, as long as I can get
horizontal with my leg elevated when it swells -- and it will swell.

I expect today, tomorrow, or the next day, will be a tough day mentally.  My
daughter is coming to visit and I need to pack-up all my gear, mail drop
stuff, etc that I was organizing in the guest room.  Looking forward to
seeing my daughter, but I have kept the door to that room shut sine I got
home from the hospital.

You can't believe how often fleeting thoughts like "You got to pick up that
in-line filter" or "Got to finish double checking those labels & packs of
maps and Companion pages" or "When am I suppose to meet Kahley to drop off
the mail drop stuff" keep popping up and flashing though my head.
Hopefully, once I get past next Monday, my planned start date, things will
get better.

To my all friends, thanks for you prayers, messages, well wishes, etc.

To my future friends on the list, please forgive the intrusion.

Chainsaw