[at-l] Church Anyone

When I did my second thruhike, I made a point of trying to go to church as
often as possible.  I remember Hot Springs (Jesuits - there were only about
8 worshipers), Damascus (much more conservative than I was used to), Bastian
(somewhat Holy Roller, I loved it), Pearisburg (at the Hostel), Front Royal
(Catholic), Del. Water Gap (Pastor Nicholls was great), Graymoor
(beautiful), Manchester Center, Dartmouth (Episcopal - home for me),  Monson
(grim) - there may have been more.  It is always interesting to see how
different people worship, and was a good way of making contact with the
townspeople. Besides, with so many churches offering hikers hospitality, I
think it is a courtesy to attend your host's church.  I enjoyed taking long
weekends too - arriving Saturday in time for the PO, then relaxing on Sunday
and leaving on Monday.  Worked for me.

Ginny