[at-l] Injured dogs - rescue options?

At 02:01 PM 3/19/02 -0500, Mara Factor wrote:
  are there rescue options for dogs like that?
If you hear anything about that insurance, be sure to let me know.

Mike and I helped in a rescue of a coppie bit lab about six years
ago I think.  We just happened to be there and took turns on a
litter they had rigged.  I never heard if the dog made it.

Jesse had a reaction to a sting once.  She yelped and started chewing
on her paw and soon just laid down.  she weighed about 30 lbs and
it nearly killed me to haul her <2mi. Big difference in a 30 lb pack
on your back and 30 lbs of dog in your arms. We were about 20 mins from a vet
who gave her a shot and she was right as rain in a couple hours.

This issue is the half the reason we are cold season hikers.  My dogs
are snake stupid.  I have pulled them back from coppies too often on
well trod dayhike trails.  They have actually walked over baby coppies.
This is the stuff of my nightmares.