[at-l] cooking whole grains and legumes

I too enjoy slow food. My solution is to do the slow
part at home - cook and dehydrate. A brown rice and
lentil mix would work great. With larger legumes, I
cook, spice, puree in a blender, dehydrate, and then
put it through a spice mill/coffee grinder to powder
it. Then you get a tasty bean paste to mix into your
rehydrated (home-made minute) rice. Lots of foods can
be done this way. I just did all the leftovers from a
huge Indian dinner I made. Dehydrated the spiced rice,
pureed the veggie curry and dal and yogurt sauce
together, and dehydrated. Yummy.
Good luck and Happy eating,
HeathaD