[at-l] Hiking Philosophy

I hike because it's there.  No Joke.  I grew up in the country and grew use
to rambling in the woods.  I would hate to think how much gasoline and
kerosene my Momma and Dad poured on me for chiggers.  Or how many times I
went swimming in a swimming hole I made on our land.  I would like to do a
whole LD trail in one season (especially the AT), but I hit trails just
because they are there.  Anything else is frosting on the cake.

William, The Turtle