[at-l] hiker caste system

> > As a "long distance section hiker purist" I hold my rank several notches
> > above any yellow blazer, and at least one notch above those who are
> > regular slackpackers.

I had hoped this would take a humour turn instead of a critical one.
If one specifies that a packer is better than a slack packer, then we,
who look to lighten our load are by definition a notch below someone
who humps a 90 pound pack to Maine.  Somehow that doesn't make
sense to me.  Shall we monitor the weight of people's packs and
award supremacy to the fool that carries the most stuff?