[at-l] April start date

--- Steve Vickers <SVICKERS@proplayerstadium.com> wrote:
> How many northbound thru-hikers generally start their trip in
> the middle to late part of April?
### Dunno. Used to be, this was the peak period.

>  In lieu of recent developments at work I won't get on
> the trail until April 15 - 20.  I'm really concerned that this
> date is too late to start, or I will really have to bust my
butt to make up the mileage.
### Not at all "too late." April was the early month for those
who wanted to avoid the May crowds. Now people leave in March
and ride out storms in motels from Springer to Damascus.

> Am I paranoid?
### Are you concerned about that? Why? What might reduce your
concerns? Why do you think your concerns are at all valid for a
rational human being? Why do you think you're rational? Do you
have feelings about your rationality? Does anybody really know
what time it is? Does anybody really care? About time?

> Thanks, Vic
### You're welcome. $50, please, on your way out. {at-l
discount.}

Sloetoe
(April 8th-
September 11)