[at-l] No.Georgia/NC

Hi all,

Back from a week in North Georgia and Southern NC. My feet sure hurt!

Weather ran the gamut, from soaking wet to hiking in shorts/thin shirt and
sweating to beat all to wearing the wardrobe and still shivering. My zero
degree bag was just barely enough some nights for this cold, cold sleeper,
and too much on others (as if a zero-degree bag is ever, truly, too much...
Mmmmm, down...)

For those leaving, the springs, as reported were strong. The shelters are
crowded.
The new Plum Orchard shelter, just after the hitch to Hiawasee, is lovely,
so if you don't want to stay in town you can stock up and hike the 4.5
relatively miles to it. It can sleep 20 and is a also good one to shoot for
at the end of the day. If you have a full pack, the next shelter is Muskrat
Creek, another 7.3 miles uphill, mostly. I chose to go there, despite a late
start that morning, and felt every meal in my pack!

Though bone weary, I feel recharged. I am wearing more Compeed than the
store display case. I have a couple of gear questions I will post soon. If
you care to comment, or have something you want me to say, be sure to cc me,
as it will be awhile before I can wade though everything, if ever.

Best,
Jan
--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.