[at-l] Rails to Trail (W&OD)

In a message dated 03/17/02 11:05:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jplynch@crosslink.net writes:

> There is a converted railroad trail that runs from Arlington, Va.,
> almost to the Blue Ridge.  Has anyone tried to hike it, spending the
> night along the way, and then getting on the AT?

No, but the Allegheny Trail in WV (and others) have significant sections that
are rails to trail and as long as you aren't at the edges of the towns they
pass through, nice camp spots are typically easy to find (it's generally
pretty level stuff).  Near towns you will likely get less than joyous camping
experiences.

BTW - you realize this means I have to learn to hike faster - more stuff to
do and still no time to get to it all.  Jeesh.  Why don't you guys quit
finding this stuff <VBG>.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html