[at-l] 17 mile days (was something else)

saunterer@jimbullard.org wrote:

> At 11:42 AM 3/17/02 -0500, Bob C. wrote:
> >  It sure would be great to be "old" like Brian is, once again.
> >>  Weary
>
> I heard a poem once about turning 50.:
> "then I met a man,
> his age was 93,
> his walk was slow,
> his hair was thin,
> and he could barely see.
> He said he wished
> that he was as young as me."
> sAunTerer

Or, the joke: An 80 year old man goes to the doctor for a check-up and the doctor
is
amazed at what good shape the guy's in.  The doctor asks, "To what do you
attribute your good health?"

The old timer says, "I'm a hiker and that's why I'm in such good
shape.  I'm up well before daylight and out hiking up and down the
mountains."

The doctor says, "Well, I'm sure that helps, but there's got to be more to
it.  How old was your dad when he died?"  The old timer says, "Who said my
dad's dead?"

The doctor says, "You mean you're 80 years old and your dad's still alive?
How old is he?"

The old timer says "He's 100 years old and, in fact, he hiked with me
this morning, and that's why he's still alive... he's a hiker."

The doctor sys, "Well, that's great, but I'm sure there's more to it.  How
about your dad's dad?  How old was he when he died?" The old timer says,
"Who said my grandpa's dead?"

The doctor says, "You mean your grandfather's still living! How old is he?"
The old timer says, "He's 118 years old."

The doctor's getting frustrated at this point and says, "I guess he went
hiking with you this morning, too?"

The old timer says, "No... Grandpa couldn't go this morning because he was
getting married."

The Doctor says in amazement, "Getting married!!  Why would a 118-year-old
guy want to get married?"

The old timer says, "Who said he wanted to?"

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98