[at-l] Backpacking Boots??

> 6)  A number of people swear by "superfeet;" hard, plstic insoles that
> replace the [usually cheap] insoles that come with most boots, hiking
> shoes and sneakers.  There are also a ton of other companies that make
> softer insoles to replace and "improve upon" the original insoles that
> came with your pair.  I have not tried the $50 buck "custom superfeet
> fitting" route, but some say if your foot is weird shaped, it can do
> wonders.  It is a great scam market, but a large number of hikers now do
> buy some kind of "improved" insole to replace the original ones, whether
> it be in fancy heavy boots, lightweight hiker shoes, or sneakers.

> thru-thinker

	We kinda thought the whole Superfeet thing was a scam too at first, but
after a couple of hikes in new boots Peggy decided she wanted to try
them. We've been very pleased. I'm currently testing the Custom Fit
Superfeet, and they seem to provide even better support. But as always,
YMMV.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com