[at-l] Is Hunting Season Hiking Dangerous?

> Hi, I have never heard of any AT hiker / hunter problems. As far as I
> know the AT is closed to hunting.

It may be, but I know several people personally who used to live in close
proximity to the trail and used it for access to hunting stands and blinds.
Also keep in mind that although the corridor may be closed, it won't keep an
errant piece of flying lead from crossing the path.

Best advice is to wear orange - as much as you fashionably :-) can.  Most
hunters are not reckless, and most will help you any way they can if you ask
or need help.

I don't hike anymore during hunting season, but I do sometimes hunt.  This
is not meant to be a warning to potential hikers as I don't deem it
dangerous, it's just my preference.

Ron