[at-l] Palisades Pictures

At 11:25 PM 3/15/02 -0500, Papa Bear wrote:
>I put some picture of the Palisades Hike up on the web to go along with
>the short report I wrote yesterday.

Good trip report.  About your "belt bag"... Is this a bag that hangs off
the belt of your pack?  For the stuff I want to reach without taking off my
pack (camera, GORP, etc.) I use a small 'fanny pack' that has compression
straps.  I put it on with the pack in front, load my junk then pull the
compression straps to snug it against my gut so the stuff doesn't flop
around.  I put on the backpack afterward.  I've tried bags/packs that
didn't have the compression straps but didn't like having stuff jostle
around at my waist as I walked.  When I want something, it's easy to
release the compression straps open the pack and take out what I
want.  After I'm through, I drop it back in, zip up the bag, cinch down the
compression straps and I'm off.

sAunTerer