[at-l] Is Hunting Season Hiking Dangerous?

"So, if you are concerned, just wear blazed orange, stay on the trail, and
enjoy the hunter that you meet."

If you are a SOBO, I think you should wear the orange even if you are't
concerned, during dear season.

I don't think one has to worry about the sportsmen hunting bear along the AT
as a SOBO.  Down south the hunters usually wait for their dogs to tree their
game.  Not sure, but I think part of the sport is standing around enjoying
the beauty of the live animal for a bit before placing one's money shot into
its body.  The packs of dogs can be a bit disconcerting, but those hunters
are unlikely to miss thier targets.

Most hunters I know would not permit thier kids to go hiking in the woods
during dear season.  SOBOs, of course don't have any choice.