[at-l] 17 mile days (was something else)

rafeb@adelphia.net wrote:

> 17 miles per day, average, from Hanover to Gorham??
> In Shenandoah, no problem (from what I read.)
> Dunno bout you but I was 38 yrs old on my thru'
> attempt in '90.  If I were half that age, 17 mpd might
> not seem so outrageous.
>
> rafe b.

I turned 36 on the trail. (Wildcat Shelter...10/12) I averaged 14
miles a day and am pretty sure that if it weren't for girls, I would
have done it in closer to 16 to 18 mile days. (I had to slow down a
lot for Pokey. And, I didn't really have to take three days off in
Adkins.) I think hiking 17 mile days ain't that tough if that's what
you want to do. There really isn't a whole helluva lot to do other
than hike or sleep.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98