[at-l] sleeping bags

Dave:

I've been carrying a 25* down bag for several years now, and it works pretty well for spring, fall, and cool summer hiking.  If it gets too warm, I just open it up and use it like a quilt.  It's an EMS Down Under and weighs about 2-1/2 lbs.  To augment the bag's warmth, I wear microfleece tights -- they're really nice to have to wear in camp, and if it gets really
cold, they keep me toasty warm -- even when I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee.  In summer I use a fleece bag, weight about 1-1/2lbs.  I've know thru-hikers who used just a fleece blanket, and that's late August in northern Maine!   YMMV.

RonW