[at-l] RE: Re[2]: [at-l] Fw: Record time hiking the appalachian trail

The record is a reality. I have met Peter Palmer and actually worked on
his support team when he attempted to break the Long Trail record which
is now held by David Horton. They don't make up these records. They are
actually fit enough to put in huge miles in a day since most have run 50
and 100 mile races. They do it for the challenge. Peter Palmer spent his
own money to break the Appalachian Trail record set by David Horton. He
didn't have sponsors and he didn't do it for the publicity either. Very
few people even knew he was attempting it until after he started. Also,
I don't really see why people are bothered by speed hikers. There are at
most a couple a year. They just go walking or running on by and you
never see them again. Often times hikers might even be given some trail
magic by the speed hiker's support crew.