Re[4]: [at-l] Fw: Record time hiking the appalachian trail

### Ahhh, another trail fascist comes out to play....
--- "Bob C." <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:
> "...what could possibly give you the right to insinuate he is
> lying. " asks Clyde
>
> I didn't insinuate any such thing.
### Sure you did; and you continue to.

> However, his achievement is in no way important to me,
### 'Cause he didn't hike it your way?

> and to the extent his "record" is emulated has the potential
for doing damage to what some of believe the AT should be.
### 'Cause it might not be hiked their way?

> Having from time to time read the list of 2,000 milers in the
> ATC's trailway news, I know hikers use innumerable criteria
for what constitutes a thru hike.
### Hmmmm, drawing an equivalency between "2,000 miler" and
"throughhike? You know that's wrong, btw.

> I neither know, nor care, what criteria the alleged record
> holder used.
### You care enough to insinuate "no record" and now "no 2000
miler."

> The trail is better served if it is viewed as...
### "...Weary wants."
### Careful, Weary. Earl Shaffer is once set/held the record for
a northbound throughhike.

["DOTE!"]
Dotetoe

=====