FW: [at-l] DEET Alternative.

UF and the USDA here have the Mosquito and Fly Research Unit and they
are doing all sorts of tests continuously. They apparently have
developed more effective repellants but no one is interested in spending
the money to get them to market since they would have to undergo the
full FDA testing protocol which costs tens of millions. I found a number
of links:

http://www.discover.com/aug_01/featworks.html

This one should have sent off for some through hiker thorlos

http://www.sciencenews.org/20000422/bob2.asp

I've visited the place and was offered the chance to stick my arm in the
infamous mosquito box but refused.

Bryan