[at-l] article on new hut system in Western Maine

--- "Shane Steinkamp" wrote:
My second fear, which may be unfounded, is that if you want
to hike the trail system you could be forced to stay in the
huts.  It may not be like that at first, allowing tenting,
but then we get the catch that "an opportunity exists...to
make a decent living..."  Not to mention that all sorts of
strange things are done in the name of 'environmental and
resource protection'.  To me, it seems, hikers would
eventually be forced to stay in the huts - thus weeding out
the poorer among us.
--- end of quote ---

Is this true of the AMC huts in the White Mountains? To the best of my knowledge
it is(was) not...hopefully they will incorporate that part of the model as well.