[at-l] Re: Cellphone connection availability (was) RE: [at-l] another tak...

--- DTimm65344@aol.com wrote:
I'm on the Verizon nationwide plan (have been for about a year).  That is
because I use the phone for work as well, and I travel nationwide.  The
coverage is not as spotty as the map indicates.
--- end of quote ---

Yes, BUT:
I'm on this plan as well...a year ago the Verizon plan was true nationwide, and
good coverage. They've since changed the plan to be more like Sprint; if you're
not on a Verizon tower it's 65 cents a minute. Ouch. I'm glad I'm grandfathered
in to the "true" national plan.

And I suppose I should give a word or two of introduction...I'm new to the list,
currently planning a thru in 2004, just starting to get the plan straight in my
head at the moment. Currently unemployed and homeless, so it gives me something
to think about other than the @#$% economy.
I work in theater, backstage stuff...am pretty much a mercenary (or do they call
it "well-rounded"?) ;-)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say around a year and a half from now,
but thanks for the info anyway...like drinking from a firehose, this place is,
but then again those are usually the best places to quench a thirst.

Good luck out there everybody,
<yeah, I know, with no job I should just go hike now...but the bills need payin'
and the creditors are already far too adept at finding me>