[at-l] Re: Cellphone connection availability (was) RE: [at-l]another take o n cell ...

> As someone who has made the concession to family that I will carry a
> cell phone, I've done some research. The new Nationwide plans offered by
> Cingular and Verizon get rid of most of the roaming and longdistance. I
> think the Cingular plan is more complete since it has a blanket
> statement of complete coverage anywhere in US, whereas Verizon has a map
> of applicable areas and many of the areas of the AT seem to not be
> covered, or its very sporadic. I may get Verizon anyway since I might
> get a price break due to a family relation, but in either case these two
> plans (which have just come out) seem to alleviate the long distance and
> roaming problem, which would otherwise make actually using a cell for
> more than emergencies prohibitively expensive.

> My two cents Sean "Thinking of using the trail name 'Rover'" Dolan

	Verizon has a variety of plans, which you can switch to back and forth.
At least one has full nation-wide coverage, no roaming fees at all (but
few minutes per month than its 'free roaming anywhere Verizon has
coverage' plan). You should find one of their options to your liking.

	Ron, who is only a customer, not a paid spokesman.
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com