[at-l] another out of the shadows

> And if you are going to be out for a long time,
> they make a credit card
> sized diamond sharpener.  A dull knife is almost
> as bad as no knife.

Agreed.  I use this DMT product:

http://store.cutleryshoppe.com/cs/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Produc
t_ID=390&CATID=5

When you use diamond hones, you should never have to sharpen
a knife.  If you start with a very sharp knife and don't
abuse it, you just have to polish the edge a little every so
often.  This is better than using a knife until it's not fit
to cut butter then having to break out the stones.  I
haven't used stones on my knives for a few years, although I
still perform that service for friends.  I'm constantly
amazed...

Shane